To deliver your products or items through USPS you need to send them through envelopes. These envelopes come in various shapes & sizes. When we talk about Large Envelopes, then we are basically discussing the envelopes which are usually larger than the normal size envelopes. In this article, we will explain in detail what are Large Envelopes, how many Stamps we need to post them, and more.
What is a Large Envelope?
As clear from the name, large Envelopes are packages that are used to post some large items than regular ones. You can post many items through Large Envelopes. Some of these items are DVDs, Small books, Documents, Magazines, etc.
- Large envelopes have a height of 6-1/8 inches. The maximum height of Large Envelopes can be up to 12 inches.
- The Length of Large Envelopes in 11-1/2 inches which can go up to a maximum of 15 Inches.
- The minimum thickness of Large envelopes is 1/4 Inches and the maximum thickness of Large Envelopes can’t exceed 3/4 Inches.
The Measurement of a Large Envelope is given in the below table:
|Measurement of Large Envelope||Minimum Size||Maximum Size|
An important thing to note here is that while posting something in a Large Envelope, its thickness must be uniform. It means that when you send a package in a Large Envelope, then it should be Flat. This is the reason why large envelopes are also commonly known as “Flats”.
How to Address a Large Envelope?
Large envelopes have a format, that must be strictly followed while posting your package. You need to take care of the below things when you post a Large Envelope.
- Mention the name of the sender who can be a single person or a business.
- Write Street Address i.e Name of Street, Number of the street.
- Write the Name of the City and State.
- Mention ZIP Code.
- If you are sending your Large Envelope outside the USA, then you also have to mention the name of the country to which you are sending the package.
Apart from the above points, there are many other things that need to be taken care of while sending a large envelope.
- You should write the Address, Name only with Pen.
- You should only use Capital Letters while writing anything on the envelope.
- Full Legal Name of Receiving person should be written on the envelope.
- No Punctuation are accepted on the envelope.
How to Post Large Envelopes?
To post a Large Envelope, you have to follow the below steps.
- After filling the desired item to post in the Large Envelope, you have to seal it with the adhesive.
- Write down the full address of the recipient on the envelope.
- Make sure that the address should be mentioned in the center of the envelope.
- You also have to mention your return address which should be written on the top left corner of the envelope.
- Paste the required number of USPS Stamps on the Large envelope.
- Once you have done all the above things, you can put them in the mailbox of USPS which you can find nearby you.
- You can also go to the nearest post office to deliver your Large Envelope Postage.
How many stamps do I need for a large envelope?
If you regularly post letters through USPS, then you probably know that a regular or standard-size envelope can be posted by using only a single Forever Stamps.
Large envelopes have large sizes compared to standard envelopes, so we need extra Stamps for their postage.
- For a Large Envelope with sizes up to 1 oz or ounce, you need two Forever Stamps.
- If the weight of Large envelopes exceeds 1 ounce, then you need one additional Stamps for each ounce.
- Note the maximum weight of a Large Envelope can be up to 13 ounces.
How much Postage for a Large Envelope?
Large Envelopes occupy more space than a normal size envelope, so it is obvious that you will have to pay extra money for the postage of Large envelopes. Below have listed the prices that are required to post large envelopes.
- If the size of a large envelope is below or up to 1 ounce i.e 28.35 Grams, then you will have to use two Forever Stamps. As the cost of one Forever Stamp is $0.63, so two Forever Stamps will cost you $1.26 which will be the price of the Postage of 1 Ounce Large Envelope.
- If the size of a large envelope is from 1 ounce to 2 ounces, the price of the Large Envelope postage will be $1.46 which is calculated as $1.26 for two Forever Stamps and $0.20 for one additional Stamp.
- For a 3 Ounces Large envelope, you will have to pay $1.66 i.e $1.26 for two Forever Stamps and $0.20 each for two additional Stamps.
- Similarly, you will have to pay an extra $0.20 for an additional 1 ounce up to 13 ounces.