Many types of envelopes are issued by USPS. One such kind of envelope is a Standard envelope. Standard envelopes are basically regular envelopes or rectangular envelopes. These Standard envelopes further come in various sizes. One such popular type of Standard envelope is 5×7 envelopes which are used all over the USA for the delivery of lightweight products.
Standard envelopes including 5×9 envelopes are also characterized by the fact that they have a solid front size and there is no window. 5×9 standard envelopes also have a flap on their back. You can also find some kind of security color or shade to hide the content of the letter.
There are many cases when you need to use 5×7 envelopes for your postage. Some popular situations where it comes to the need for 5×7 envelopes are:
- Sending Checks
- Sending Invoices
- Sending Letters
- Wedding Invitations
- And many other kinds of mailing items
5×7 Standard envelopes also come in various colors and shades some of the popular colors available for 5×7 envelopes are:
- Lux Colors
- LuxGrocery Bag
- Lux Black
How Many Stamps for Postage of 5×7 Envelope?
The postage and the number of Stamps that you need for a Standard 5×7 envelope are mainly determined by the weight of your envelope. You can check the weight of a 5×7 envelope either by yourself if you have the weighing scale or go to the nearest USPS office.
When you know the weight of your 5×7 envelope, you can put the desired number of First Class Forever Stamps and the extra Stamps if required.
Below we have mentioned the number of Stamps that are required for a 5×7 envelope depending upon the weight.
- A Standard 5×7 envelope can be posted by using only one First-Class Forever Stamp if the weight of the envelope is below or up to 1 Ounce.
- As per the guidelines of USPS you have to use additional postage Stamps for extra weight for all kinds of envelopes.
- If the weight of the 5×7 envelope increase from 1 ounce to 2 ounces, then you need 1 Forever Stamp and 1 extra Stamp to ensure the proper delivery of the envelope at the desired location.
- 1 Forever Stamp and 2 Additional Stamps will have to stick on the 5×7 envelope if the weight increase from 2 ounces to 3 ounces.
- The maximum weight of a Standard 5×7 envelope is 3.5 Oz, which can be posted by using 1 Forever Stamp and 3 additional Stamps
How Much is the Cost of a 5×9 Envelope?
The price structure of Postage for a 5×9 envelope is given below:
- A 5×7 envelope with a weight of up to 1 ounce is posted by using 1 First Class Forever Stamp and as per the current cost of 1 Forever Stamp i.e $0.63, it will be posted at a price of $0.63.
- For up to 2 Ounce 5×7 envelope postage, the 1 Forever Stamp and 1 Extra Stamp will cost $0.63+$0.24=$0.87.
- A 5×7 envelope with a maximum weight of 3.5 Oz will cost you $0.63 (1 Forever Stamp) + $0.72 (3 additional Stamps with $0.24 for each additional Stamp). So the total cost is $0.63 + $0.72=$1.35
The postage for a 5×7 envelope may also require some extra cost in some different cases. If your 5×7 envelope is rigid, hard, lumpy, and has buttons. These kinds of envelopes are known as Non machinable Envelopes.
You will have to pay an extra charge of around $0.30 for these Non machinable Envelopes even if the weight of your 5×7 envelopes doesn’t exceed 1 Ounce.
What Size of Envelopes Fit 5×7?
If we talk about the most popular used type of envelopes for sending your letters or posts, then the name of 5×7 envelopes always comes up first. The reason behind this is that A-size envelopes which range from A1 to A7 can easily accommodate 5×7 envelopes.
So A7 envelopes are also known as 5×7 envelopes.
Does 5X7 Envelope Require Extra Postage?
This is the most frequently asked question among people when they are looking to send letters or posts through 5×7 envelopes. The answer to this question is very simple
If you are sending a letter or invitation letter like a wedding invitation through a 5×7 envelope, then there is no required additional Stamp if the weight of your 5×7 is less than or up to 1 oz.
If the weight of your package of 5×7 envelopes becomes more than 1 ounce then you will definitely need more stamps i.e additional stamps are required for posting your 5×7 envelopes having a weight larger than 1 oz.