With around 10,000 stores in the USA, Walgreens is the second-largest Pharmacy chain in the USA. It sells prescription medicines and various other health-related products both online and offline. With its specialty in the health field, Walgreens is also known to provide other services like selling Postage Stamps, etc.
If you are here to know does Walgreens sell Money Orders, then the answer is although you won’t be able to get Money Orders at Walgreens, you can transfer the money from Walgreens through Western Union. In this article, we will explain in detail, how you can transfer money through Walgreens, but before that, we will have a short overview of Why Walgreens is best compared to other service providers in this field.
Walgreens has millions of happy and satisfied customers in the USA since 1901. Walgreens is undoubtedly a reliable and authorized Pharmacies chain and its good reputation over the years also makes it an excellent option for other services like Postage Stamps, Money Transfer, etc.
How to Do Money Orders at Walgreens?
As we have mentioned above, at this time it is not possible to do Money Orders directly at Walgreens, but it is providing a facility to transfer money with the help of Western Union. This is made possible because of a tie-up between Walgreens and Western Union. Thanks to this deal between Walgreens and Westerns Union, you can easily transfer money from one person to other. Before you know, how to do a Money Transfer at Walgreens, it is important to know what is Western Union Money Transfer is in case you have no idea about this.
What is Western Union Money Transfer?
Known as one of the top and safest money transfer service not only in the USA but in 200 countries around the World, Western Union Money Transfer lets you send and receive money to any other person in just a few minutes.
Western Union Money Transfer has emerged as a great alternative to banks for sending and receiving money. Although Western Union Money Transfer is used mainly for foreign transfer of money, it is also used to send money from one person to another within the same country. So if you want to transfer money within the USA, then you can also choose Western Union Money transfer. The task of money transfer in the case of Western Union Money Transfer is basically performed by some agents. Sending and receiving Money in the case of both banks and Money Transfers is very fast but still, Money transfers have made advantages over Bank transfers.
How to Do Money Transfer at Walgreens?
With the help of Money Transfer at Walgreens, it is possible to send money in just a few moments to any part of the world. Let’s check the steps required to do a Money Transfer at Walgreens.
- First of all, you need to know does a Walgreens store that you are going has a Kiosk counter of Western Union because it is a must to do a Money Transfer through Walgreens.
- You can either check the availability of Western Union at a particular Walgreens through the store locator link which can be accessed here https://www.walgreens.com/storelocator/find.jsp?wu=true
- When you have located a nearby Walgreens Store and head to the Western Union Money Transfer Kiosk, ask for the form to be filled out for sending the money to other people.
- Fill the form completely with information like the Name, Address, and Phone Number of both the sender and receiver.
- Then you will have to provide a valid ID document which can be a Driving License, Passport, or any other.
- The next step is to give payment to be transferred to the representative at the Western Union Kiosk.
- The payment can be done through Credit Card, PrePaid Cards, Cash, etc.
- The representative will verify your Application Form and then will give you a receipt.
- After verification of all details, the processing of the Money transfer will begin.
- The sender has to inform the recipient about a 10 Digit tracking code that you will receive with the receipt after submitting the Money Transfer Form.
- When the recipient provides this tracking code, then he will be able to receive the money.
How Much Is a Walgreens Money Order?
If you are planning to send money from Walgreens with the help of Western Union Money Transfer, then it can be done rapidly but for this, you will have to pay a fee. This fee if $11, if you use the standard transfer servicer of Western Union. By using this standard service, your Money will be transferred within 2 working days.
Western Union is also providing instant Money Transfer service at their Kiosk at Walgreens. For this instant Money Transfer service you will be charged $12.50.
If you make the payment through Cards then in addition to the above fees there are some extra fees also involved, but when you do the payment through Cash then there are no additional charges for that.
What is Walgreens Money Order Hours?
All stores of Walgreens have long working hours throughout the week. The stores of Walgreens usually open at 6:30 AM every day and they work till 12 AM. The correct working hours of any store of Walgreens store can also be checked by visiting their official website.
Since the Kiosk of Western Union is at located stores Walgreens, you can take benefit of this facility as long as these stores are open. It means that if a particular Walgreens store that you visit for Money Transfer works from 6:30 AM to 12:00 AM, you will be able to do the Money Transfer during these hours.
Walgreens Money Transfer Hours are:
- MON: 6:30 AM to 12 :00 AM
- TUE: 6:30 AM to 12 :00 AM
- WED: 6:30 AM to 12 :00 AM
- THU: 6:30 AM to 12 :00 AM
- FRI: 6:30 AM to 12 :00 AM
- SAT: 6:30 AM to 12 :00 AM
- SUN: 6:30 AM to 12 :00 AM
Does Walgreens cash Money Orders?
There are thousands of locations in the USA from where you can cash out or collect money sent to you through Western Union Money transfer and Walgreens in one such place. As mentioned above, although it is not possible to do direct Money Orders from Walgreens and also you can’t cash out your money orders there, you can collect the money sent through a Western Union Money transfer. The process for this is very simple and is given below:
- First of all, find the nearest location of Walgreens.
- Before visiting that location, confirm whether that store has a Western Union Money transfer Kiosk.
- If the Walgreen store, you are looking to go to has Western Union Money Transfer Kiosk, you can visit there for cashing out money.
- Ask for the “Receive Money” form and you are required to enter the following information into this form:
First Name, Last Name, Full Address, Mobile Number, Government-approved ID proof
- After you have successfully entered the above-given information, you will have to submit it to the representative at the Western Union Money Transfer Kiosk of that particular Walgreens store.
- 10-digit tracking number given to you by the sender.
The representative will then hand over the money to you. An important thing to note here is although most of the stores of Walgreens have Western Union Money Transfer Kiosks, all of them don’t cash out the money. To get clear information regarding this, you can call the customer support number of that particular Walgreens store.
How Long Does it take to transfer money through Walgreens?
Money transfer done by Walgreens through Western Union Money Transfer is one of the safest, most convenient, and quickest methods to send and receive money in cash. As there are Western Union Money transfer agencies in more than 200 countries of the World, you can transfer money quickly to any person in the country where money transfer is possible through Western Union.
If you choose the normal services of Western Union Money Transfer at Walgreens, then the money will be transferred to the recipient within 1-2 business days. But if you choose an expedited option, then the money will be transferred instantly.
Does Walgreens Have MoneyGram?
MoneyGram like Western Union Money Transfer is another popular money transfer service. With the help of MoneyGram, you can send and receive money in many countries of the world. With MoneyGram, you can send money to a bank account or to a mobile wallet from one country to another country. Although this is a great way to transfer money in minutes, unluckily, Walgreens stores don’t provide a MoneyGram facility at their stores. So the only way to transfer money from Walgreens is through Western Union Money transfer.